She suggested I become a member of Neighborhood Parents Network (NPN) as a way to interact with other moms. It took me a few months to finally follow her advice and I wish I had joined sooner! I signed up for the Work From Home Moms Group. During one of the group's monthly breakfast meetings, an opportunity to meet other moms and talk about balancing life while working from home and, most importantly, socialize, which can be harder for those of us who don't leave the home for work, I met the editor of NPN's Parent to Parent Newsletter. We became fast friends because she is one of the nicest people on the planet. When she suggested I send a piece to the newsletter, I panicked. I really did not want to disappoint the nicest person on the planet!
They published one of my blog posts and recently, NPN's own blog has linked to my blog. If you're visiting from NPN - HI! Thank you for checking out my site and I hope you're not too disappointed. I don't update this site regularly enough. I want to, I want to write on it every day. I'll aim for once a month!
- I'm 34 years old
- My son is 20 months old (we just stopped breastfeeding in June - and we both miss it but I do think it was the right time)
- I met my husband at a bar (specifically, Moody's on Broadway) he and a friend (later our best man) crashed our party
- The first time we hung out was at a karaoke night
- Our song is "Single Ladies" (yup, we sang that together)
- I love writing, movies, singing in the shower, dancing at my desk, and being silly